The first test carried out to transform the dictionary (in the extended sense) based on the French-Corsican pair, into a dictionary related to the Italian-Gallurian pair, shows that it is feasible. The result – of an acceptable but perfectible quality – is obtained in 21 minutes (with 16 GO RAM & Intel core i7-8550U CPU). We start with a multi-lingual dictionary based on French entries, and the final result is an Italian-Gallurese dictionary.
Tag Archives: Italian to Gallurese
Update to priority pairs for endangered languages
If we were to update the priorities for language pairs to be achieved, from the point of view of endangered languages, the result would be as follows:
- Corsican language: French to Corsican (already done)
- Sardinian Gallurese: Italian to Gallurese
- Sardinian Sassarese: Italian to Sassarese
- Sicilian: Italian to Sicilian: sicilian language is close to Corsican sartinesu or taravesu
- Munegascu: French to Munegascu: munegascu language bears some similarities with Corsican language
Pairs such as French to Gallurese, French to Sassarese, English to Gallurese, English to Sassarese, English to Sicilian do not have priority, as they can be resolved using an intermediate pair. French to Gallurese is done with the French to Italian pair (e.g. with Deepl) and then with the Italian to Gallurese pair, etc.